Super Dispatch's HOS mobile application is a full replacement for paper logs. We'll continue to improve the features and functionality based on feedback, but here you can read what functionality is currently available, and how to use it.
- Change driver duty status.
- View the duty status hours for the current day.
- View the graph display for the current day.
- View the Duty Limit diagram for the past 8 days.
- View the 8-day history.
- View daily log records for a day.
- Send a daily log report to an email address.
- Send feedback on HoS.
- in-app editing of HoS records
- Push notifications when approaching HoS violations
- In app notifications when approaching HoS violations
- Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR)
When a driver activates the HoS tab, the app displays the description of the feature. The driver can tap Learn More to review how it works.
The Hours of Service screen has 4 sections:
- Duty Statuses
- Graph Display
- 70 Hour Duty Limit
There are 4 duty statuses:
- Off Duty
- Sleeper Berth
- On Duty
The section displays the current statuses with spent hours; furthermore, the Driving status contains how much time left for driving. Each status has its own color (as can shown in the following 4 clips below).
Change Duty Status
The current duty status can be switched by pressing on any of them. A driver can specify the location and the notes for the status change.
Each time you change the status the clock will automatically begin counting against the particular status that is highlighted.
Graph Display | 70 Hour Duty Limit
Real time graph display for the current day is displayed after the duty statuses section. A driver can view log records for the day by tapping to the graph display. The graph display gives more familiar view of the day.
The 70 Hour Duty Limit section is designed to show available and spent duty hours to a driver. It contains a 8-day period (or, 7-day period).
The section contains the list of the records for past 8 days (7 days). A driver can view the detailed records for a day by tapping a list item.
The Daily Log screen contains this information for the selected day:
- Graph Display.
- Duty Statuses.
- Logs (Records).
The records are not editable now.
To begin receiving notifications a driver must first *allow* Super Dispatch to send notifications to their mobile device. A driver will be prompted once they activate the HOS feature, but if they choose *don't allow*, they'll need to follow device specific routine to turn app specific notifications back on.
Notifications will either be sent in-app, or via push notification - depending on whether or not the driver has the mobile app open or closed.
Notifications are activated two ways; 1) when approaching a violation, and 2) once you've satisfied an HOS rule.
When approaching a violation, you can expect to receive notifications 30 minutes before reaching a violation period, and once again when a violation has occurred.
Once you've satisfied an HOS rule you will also receive a notification letting you know that you can begin driving again.
Edits To HOS
Once a driver has completed a day, or is not actively driving, they can make edits to the records. To do this simply select the day --> select the status (off, d, on, sb) --> and then tap the *Start Time* or *End Time* --> scroll the clock to adjust time time --> select *Save*.
A driver can generate and send a daily log report to an email address. Before sending a report, the driver should fill out the required fields.
By touching Create Report it opens a more familiar interface like sending a BOL
A Daily Log report contains most of the required information.
Daily Vehicle Inspection Report is a critical part of a drivers daily activities. Drivers can use the Super Dispatch HOS mobile app to complete their DVIR as a part of their HOS report.
Step 1 - Create a *New DVIR*
- Update inspection time
- Provide location
- Odometer reading
Step 2 - Vehicle Inspection
- Provide Truck Number
- *Add/Remove vehicle defects* - once you select this field you'll choose from a drop down.
- Provide Trailer Number
- *Add/Remove Vehicle Defect* - once you select this field you'll choose from a drop down.
Truck Defects Dropdown example:
Step 3 - Sign DVIR
Step 4 - View DVIR; Edit or Submit
- Once you've signed the DVIR the app will take you to the fourth and final stage. Here you can review the report to ensure there are no errors. Once you've finished the DVIR you can submit this report.
- If you do notice a mistake, you can simply tap the edit button in the bottom of the screen.
Feedback and Support
On the Hours of Service screen two buttons are available to help:
- opens the Educate article: https://app.intercom.io/a/apps/rpk7bg8e/educate/articles/834667/show
- Feedback - opens a new Intercom conversation with the message: I have feedback on HoS:
We've had a lot of request for this feature, and we're excited to begin getting feedback.